President Klaus Iohannis has declared a state of alert in Romania.
Official measures against COVID-19 in Romania:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in public spaces indoors and outdoors
- It is mandatory to keep a distance of 1.5 meters with other people
- Indoor activities of restaurants, cafes, cinemas etc are allowed, if the capacity does not exceed 30%.
- Shops are closed at 21.00
- Movement outside is restricted between 23.00 and 05.00.
- Amateur athletes can resume their activity only where individual sports are done and only outdoors; where there are sports facilities, access to the locker room is not allowed
When travelling from Estonia, one would have to self-isolate for 2 weeks. Quarantine can be ended on day 10, if a test made on day 8 is negative. People who are vaccinated with both doses, do not have to self-isolate, if more than 10 days has passed from the last dose.
Travelers from Estonia would have to present a negative PCR test result, conducted maximum 72 hours before. 48 hours, if the maximum stay is 3 days.
See https://www.politiadefrontiera.ro/en/traficonline/ for information on border crossing points
Official source to call for recommendations and other information in Romania – 0800.800.35